Saturday, May 4, 2013

Xeriscaping

I was reading an article a couple of months ago which was featured in Montrose, CO's own Daily Press, and thought I would share some interesting tips it had!

First, the definition of xeriscaping. Kinsley writes, "The term xeriscape comes from the Greek term "xeros" meaning dry and is not 'zero-scaping' or the lack of landscaping. The term was coined in 1981 by the Denver Water Department, and use of the term has spread throughout most arid regions in the west."


Essentially, I think the balance of grass and stone makes an excellent statement, and if it saves money, I'm all for it!


I found these picture on the website, Waterwise--you can find it here. 

What do you think about xeriscaping? Does your future home make use of this concept? 

No comments:

Post a Comment